about an ongoing experiment called life

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Back To The Fold…

Was getting ready for the grind today morning when I noticed something. The handkerchief was folded with the right side out. Took me back a few months, when she used to do it. It was probably one of her favourite chores. Taking the kerchiefs from the drying line, fold then, and pat them down, ever so lovingly. And the thing was, she never seemed to fold them with the right side out. Not that she could see much. But still, ten times out of ten, she would get it wrong. And the next day, to my utter exasperation, I would have to fold it the other way just as I would be running late.
But today everything was right, yet nothing was. And for the first time I found myself wishing the kerchief would be folded wrong…

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how exactly it feels, to wish but not to hope...

August 05, 2007 10:27 PM

 
Blogger jugni said...

amazing the things we miss, isn't it?

August 08, 2007 4:26 AM

 
Blogger dobereinerr said...

Soul, wish you didn't know...

Blow, what's truly amazing is how these things come back to us when we are least expecting them.

August 09, 2007 6:29 PM

 
Blogger Butterfly said...

gosh!

i havent ever had any1 i did miss so bad!

for once in m glad bout it......

August 17, 2007 10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home